Uber's new rates make things more affordable for Jo'burg commuters - htxt.africa

edited May 2014 in Site discussion

imageUber's new rates make things more affordable for Jo'burg commuters - htxt.africa

Lower prices should mean more people can now use the premium taxi service to get around town.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Would like to make use of their service, but don't have the app and my smart phone is being repaired Is there another way that I can contact them fairly urgently!
  • Uber could you please contact me asap re registration and transport?
  • I read an article on BD live regarding an Uber Van driver stating he made R8000 per day - I have calculated if the transfers were done at an ave of R300 per trf, he must have done about 27 transfers, this means if he did 1 trf every 30 min, he would have been doing transfers for almost 14 hours straight - This is most certainly raises a concern that the driver times are not regulated and you will get overtired drivers pushing themselves to extreme limits - I would much rather prefer a service supplier who monitors the drivers to ensure their guests are in save hands!
  • These taxi services have a terrible record with crimes being committed against passengers because there are no safety checks on drivers. Do they even have a PDP for cover if there is an accident?